We meant to buy a camera a long time ago but something always seemed to come up. First our car died in a rainstorm, twice. So we had to figure out why it didn't work when there was lots of rain and then get it fixed.
Then our kitchen table collapsed (it was already broken but the quick fix wasn't working anymore) so we had to go get a new one. It is hard to find a table big enough for our family that doesn't cost a fortune. Fortunately we found a good deal at Liquidation World.
So after a month we were finally ready to buy a camera. We had figured out the one we wanted and it had already been reduced in price since we had started looking. So we went to the store but they were sold out. This happened twice. So then we tried again and they finally had it at Walmart $10 cheaper than anywhere else. So we bought it. With all of the trouble we had, it actually ended up saving us over $60 on the camera so I guess the wait was worth it.
Anyway, we are still figuring out how to use it but here are some new pictures of the kids.
Eva has started Grade 2 and is enjoying herself immensely. (Almost too much since her teacher tells me she talks alot so we'are working on that). She is not wearing her glasses in this picture as she was just going to get them fixed. The lens fell out.
Lauryn has started preshool and went all on her own. This is a big deal as she is my most introverted child. She usually takes a long time to warm up to people so we are very happy with this progress.
Enoch still love his superheros and loves to play with Spiderman, Superman, Wolverine, etc. He likes wearing a cape (blanket) and running around saying "Superman, Superman", although I doubt anyone but us can tell that is what he is saying. We also have a repetoire of superhero sounds to help him to eat. Instead of train or airplane sounds, he likes swinging Spiderman, or flying Superman or Batman or pounding Hulk, each have their own sound. Those of you coming home for New Years may get to hear these if he hasn't grown out of it by then.
Reina is now almost five months old. She is growing fast and is no longer a skinny little thing. She is now quite chubby.
She smiles alot and has learnt to roll onto her back. She also squeels very loudly and high pitched (like Scott used to when he was little if you can remember).
We are so excited to see everyone at New Years. I'm so glad you are all coming. I finally will get to see my neice and nephew.
7 comments:
Dear Heather and Paul ...yes we do check your blog regularly so it was good to see a new post with updated pictures of your lovely family. Heather if ever you want to visit this part of the country with your family your more than welcome to stay here. I do like it here but I miss just hanging out with the family like we did in Calgary. I am glad we made that effort to do things as an extended family because now that we are all over the place those memories bring me a lot of strength and comfort. How are you guys adjusting to the East coast way of life?? I am glad you all will be getting together as a family this holiday season, we did that last year it was a lot of fun.
Take Care Love Loraine and Mark
Well I certainly have no recollection of the squeel but just the same we are happy to see pictures again and look forward to seeing you at New Year's!
Yea! You blogged! Now John will put you on the "good list". Glad you got a new camera, now we will expect a blog everyday.
Yay!! Good to see new pictures of the kids!! I guss now I really have no excuse and I'm going to have to blog again. Looking forward to seeing you again at New Years.
Love Jo
Yay!! Good to see new pictures of the kids!! I guss now I really have no excuse and I'm going to have to blog again. Looking forward to seeing you again at New Years.
Love Jo
These are great to see. The kids have grown up even more since we were there. Reina has grown at lot. Enoch's hair is so cute. I am so happy Lauryn is enjoying her school. Eva is getting so tall. Wow!!!
I can't wait to see you all at Christmas time. It will be so wonderful to have you all here.
Heather...
FIRST of all, Eva and Lauryn look JUST LIKE YOU! Not that I doubted before, but they are for sure your kids! and Second of all, what camera did you end up getting? I'm in the 'look' for a new camera and need to know what everyone else has.
Post a Comment